Hundreds of elongated streets to chose from,
Yet, I’ve taken the blazing concrete path which burns
The soles of my shoes to the ground
a little more
with every step
that I take.
Closer to you, further from home.
I see you at the distance, in your Penguin uniform,
Glancing at me, anticipating my arrival,
Waiting to say the right words,
So the world knows,
While I leave bits and pieces of myself splashed
Among the sacred path,
I can hear my heels
play the background music
to the tears I drop,
They hit the ground, in a shaking manner
As I see the melted portion of myself turn into water,
I can hardly recognize where I have been and who I was
But here I am,
Bringing my heart to you, in a square shaped box,
And you place it on you ring finger.
No comments:
Post a Comment